The Pros and Cons of Guided Tours
If you have ever considering going on a guided vacation, you will probably only see all the things that make these types of tours amazing. The reality is that there are a great many benefits to going on vacation through a tour operator like Globus Tours, as we will discuss. However, a vacation is something that costs a lot of money, money that you have worked very hard for, so you need to make sure that you also know what the disadvantages are. That way, you can make an informed decision about whether or not it is the right type of vacation for you. First, however, let’s take a look at some of the things that make guided tours so great.
Five Pros of Guided Tours
There are five main advantages to taking part in a guided tour:
- You will be able to see some of the most amazing things of various town and cities, depending on your destination. Rather than being stuck in one place, escorted tours allow you to experience it all.
- You will generally have priority entrance at various attractions. This means you don’t have to spend half your vacation standing in a queue.
- Your luggage will generally be handled for you. If you do go from one destination to another, all you will have to do is make sure your luggage is packed. It will then be taken from one place to the next for you.
- You will have the services at hand of local guides and experts, who will generally speak both your language and the local language. As such, you won’t miss a thing.
- Some meals will be included in your travel, although this does depend on the tour operator. Some are all inclusive, others are fully self-catering.
Five Cons of Guided Tours
So what about the downsides? When looking at reviews or online information, it seems as if guided tours offer nothing but golden sunshine. In reality, however, there are a few distinct disadvantages as well. These include:
- You will be on a very tight schedule and you may have to wake up quite early some mornings.
- Whether or not your trip is enjoyable will be dependent on your group as well. Although you can expect most people in your group will have similar interests to you, since they have booked on a guided tour as well, there can be personality clashes. You will be stuck with the same people for the duration of your vacation, so this can be a serious problem.
- If you want to take part in excursions that aren’t on the program, you will have to pay more and you won’t get any help in terms of getting there.
- The travel time between different stops can be boring and tedious.
- Sometimes, you will experience a bit of an information overload as so much will be thrown at you in such a short period of time.
It is up to you to decide which five points weight the heaviest.
Featured Courtesy by seniortours