Perth happens to be an amalgam of idyllic beauty and coastal life. There is no dearth of exciting activities to do in there and we have a collection of ten different pursuits that you can seek. Get a car hire at Perth airport and discover these exciting activities in and around this beautiful Australian area!
With the family in the outdoors:
1. Perth Zoo – This is an ideal place to spend quality time with your family. You get to ride down the Swan River and enjoy the habitat of 1,800 and more animals. It gives you the feel of an African Savannah while wading through the crystal blue waters.
2. Scitech Discovery Center – If you have kids, then this is the spot to hit while sightseeing in Perth. This facility is a cross between entertainment and education. It covers almost everything related to science and technology, and it’s a favourite among children over 6 to 7 years.
For the adventurous soul:
1. Penguin Island – Located south of Perth, this island derives its name from little penguins that inhabit it. You can see an array of aquatic life starting from stingrays, dolphins, and birds like pelicans along with 50 more species. It’s often referred to as the birdwatcher’s haven. You can also swim, surf, or even go for snorkelling on this island.
2. 1800 Trail Rides – If you’re an explorer, then this will help you to up your game. You get to ride along the banks of Moore River and enjoy riding in the company of a friendly staff of the farm. You can also get pony rides for your children!
3. Pinnacles Desert – This is the most photogenic destination of Western Australia with orange coloured sand grains and limestone formations. You may have to drive down to the Pinnacles as it’s not physically located in Perth, but most people opt for this national park.
The heritage sites:
1. The Bell Tower – This is a Bicentenary gift to that came in 1988 from the St.-Martin-in-the-Fields church in London. This bell was rung in 1727 at the coronation of George II and then again in 1771 with the homecoming of James Cook.
2. The Perth Mint – You can really get some insight of the gold with this mint. In reality, this place is a combination of activities, demonstrations, and exhibitions. You can expect to spend some valuable time learning about the mint as well.
1. Swan Valley Wine Gourmet – While cruising through the Swan River you could get a stopover at a local winery. You can enjoy wine tasting, lunch or even snacks. On returning to your cruise you could get to witness some live entertainment that will make your day more interesting.
For the religious or history fans:
1. St. Mary’s Cathedral – Located in the heart of the city, this piece of historical architecture (built in 1865) brings you spirituality and tranquillity all at once. It takes you away from the busy pent up city life and the beauty of the interiors really take you to another level.
Watertown Brand Outlet Centre – If you like shopping or want to collect souvenirs of your trip, then you must pay a visit to this arcade. It’s well connected by trains and has a lot of parking space with the shopping center brimming with name brands. Dine, buy. or take pleasure in window shopping at this juncture as you wish.