You are on holiday surrounded by spectacular natural beauty and unique cultural and historic buildings. Much of this stunning scenery can lose its impact seen from the ground only, and some of it may be awkward and time consuming to reach overland. The solution to this suddenly comes to you, you could see so much more in a more time efficient way from the air. A helicopter tour seems to meet your needs. But, before you rush off and book one, here are some points you would be wise to consider.
Is It Beyond Your Budget? Maybe not
• Helicopter rides can cost a significant amount of money, and booking one for just you and your party could be way over your budget. Look into local providers and get in touch with them in advance to get better deals.
• Try to make up a group to spread the cost out a bit more. You may be on a cruise, or staying at a hotel or resort. See if other passengers or guests are interested in sightseeing by air. You could all save in the end.
• The movement of a helicopter differs greatly from other forms of transport. It has been described as like mounting a camel on a zip line in a gale. Some people do experience motion sickness on a helicopter. You know if you’re prone to it, so make sure you take the appropriate medication.
• It is generally agreed that, because helicopter move by pushing air down, turbulence is not a problem on them.
Check the Weather Forecast
• Poor weather conditions could mean your tour is postponed. It could also limit your opportunities to take photographs. You’d be well advised to look at local weather reports to prevent being disappointed.
• Climate could also be a factor in what you should wear during the trip. Talk to the tour provider as you don’t want this airborne experience to be marred by chattering teeth and a runny nose.
• It may be that there is a dazzling, but remote and isolated sight near your holiday location. This is suddenly a lot more easily seen – and from stunning angles- if included in a helicopter tour. It is a sad fact that a lot of visitors to Egypt have gone as far south as Aswan, but declined to visit the awe inspiring nearby Temple of Abu Simbel because of the long bus or taxi ride it takes. A helicopter tour solves this problem.
• Don’t feel limited to the sights a tour offers. A little negotiation can make your tour take in all the sights you want.
Ensure The Helicopter Tour You Take Is A Memorable Experience
Your friends will be intrigued, and not a little envious of the photos you take on your helicopter tour. Some advance planning and consideration of the factors above will mean that the experience remains ion your memory in even more vibrant colours than your camera could capture.